Freitag, 17. August 2012

Snippets from Abroad 001

Somewhere in Bangkok, a man gets his picture taken for a Visa to the next country over:

This is the future, as seen from the warped perspective of a 1980s technophile fever dream, and I'm a disheveled-looking bum, I realize while a girl looking right out of Bladerunner with metal through her skin all over and the unsettling-as-fuck-look of black contacts in her eyes works her mad photoshop-skillz on the picture she has just taken of me until, at least in that picture, I look like I actually belong here in this noisy, high-tech slice of the 21st century. Then I decide to be more weary about how I keep myself: Beware or you may find some day that the overweight, shoddily-clothed, sweaty, shifty-looking foreigner voicelessly muttering to himself while strolling through the shopping mall is indeed - you.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen