Samstag, 18. August 2012

Snippets from Abroad 003

Reminiscing about boiling in my own juices:

The climate here and I are enemies. Up until now, neither of us was willing to admit it but as I find myself walking through the streets an hour before sunrise, already sweating like a pig, I realize that this is an environment hostile to me. Yes I can exist here but with the right equipment, human beings can exist on the god-damn moon - subsisting, now that is another matter entirely. Inside an air-conditioned environment I can exist but as soon as I'm outside, my very life-essence starts seeping out through the pores of my skin, draining me of energy, will and strength. Amazed, I see the locals, some wearing actual fucking jackets, none of them breaking any sweat, with the rare exception of what must be Thailands only jogger, who ran past me a few minutes ago, disappearing into the urban night like an apparition. I wasn't made for this climate. What is normal for the people here to me is something that has to be braved and endured...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen